How can I get in?

Right now I’m a freshman playing sports at a small liberal arts school in Wisconsin. I no longer want to play sports, and I would do anything to go to Madison now. I don’t think I would get accepted right now as a transfer because I am at a private school. 22 ACT 3.5 gpa high school and 3.25 gpa in college first semester. What are other ways that I could get in, like transferring to a different uw system first then transferring or anything. What is the best and fastest way for me to get accepted to Madison. Thank you.

Read the UW transfer admissions website. Get top grades second semester to learn as much as you can and prove you can do high caliber work. Have the required credits to transfer. There are no short cuts/fastest ways to transfer to UW. You do need to apply by deadlines and meet transfer guidelines.

More importantly- have solid academic reasons to transfer. Do it because you will get the best/better courses in your major. Do NOT do it because you think the campus is cool, has a better social life, or other fun reasons. You need to be prepared to work hard to succeed and not be distracted by all there is to do outside of the classroom.

Consider a transfer to another UW system school if it makes financial sense. You can check to see how your instate school’s credits will transfer to UW. Being at a private college will not hurt you.