How Do I Transfer To Madison?

I’ve have been looking at Madison now after people have been telling it’s better for me as a Wisconsin student to transfer over to. I am currently a UW- Milwaukee freshmen student.
I’m a bit confused though, is there a some courses that should be recommended in doing? How should I set my road straight for getting into Madison? Can I get in with just good grades/GPA alone? Would I need to re-do the ACT? Any involvement with school?

My last semester
Chinese 101- A (5 credits)
Japanese 101- C (5 credits)
BUS ADM 230- C (3 credits)

This semester
Chinese 102- A (5 credits)
Japanese 102- A (5 credits)
English 101- A (3 credits)
Math 105- A (3 credits)
Now this is my goal for this semester. But, I’m not sure as to what else I would need to do in order to ensure entrance into UW- Madison. I looked onto their website and they said that, “have completed the four pre-business courses by the end of the spring semester in which they apply” What does that mean?

I will be studying abroad in China as well for next year, as for courses they have these.
Chinese Language* (Mandarin), 9 credits
(Intensive Reading, Listening, Speaking)
Chinese Culture, 4 credits
(Outline of Chinese Culture , Taijiquan)
Chinese Economics, 5 credits
(Economic Law and Regulations of China, Import and Export Trade of China)
I can arrange for other required courses if needed as long as I tell them that I need to.

You have two hurdles to overcome: the first is improving your GPA above 3.0 and getting accepted as a transfer to UW-Madison as a whole. The second hurdle is achieving a 3.5 GPA overall and 3.5 GPA in the 4 specific pre-business classes (Calculus 211, 217 or 221, Psych 202, Economics 101, and a Communication A class - or the equivalents at your current school), becoming involved on campus, and applying to the business school.

http://bus.wisc.edu/bba/admissions/faqs

http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/transfer.php

Hmmm would these be the equivalents of those classes in my school?
Calculus 211/217/221= any calculus class
Psychology 202= Psychology 101
Economics 101= Economics 100
Communication 101= Communication 101

Also, should I dropped some of those classes in favor of pre-business classes, like English 101? I could take them in the summer if I wanted to…
I can still study abroad in China and while coming for Madison for my junior year?

Try to meet with an advisor at UW-Milwaukee. If you do get your grades up enough to transfer, you might not even get admitted to the School of Business. It is highly competitive at UW-Madison. Your grades are not good. Milwaukee has a perfectly good business school.

I am fully aware and I have heard stories people doing poorly their first semester but they got better grades and showed improvement and ended up at Madison. I will do better this semester, for sure. I am not satisfied with what Milwaukee has to offer, that is why I want to transfer.

Note that you must complete 30 credits “in-residence” at UW-Madison in order to receive a degree in LAS. Not sure what stipulations apply for the school in particular your planning on intending.