How do UC admission officers view

<p>an applicant who has taken the SAT 4 times?</p>

<p>I’ve always improved: 136 Soph. PSAT; 169 Junior PSAT; 1810 Dec; January I got a 1960.</p>

<p>I feel like I can reach at least 2100+ if I take it in October of my senior year (I am a junior this year) after studying consistently over the summer.</p>

<p>At the same time, I was planning on taking a third and final SAT this May. But then I realized how much I can improve over the summer.
Should I take both the May and Oct. SAT? Or would that just hurt me? </p>

<p>I am probably applying all UC’s and to other schools in CA: LMU, USC, Santa Clara. My GPA is not outstanding, so I feel like maximizing my opportunities by taking the SAT 2 more times and improving on each try would be beneficial to my app.</p>

<p>Do you have any idea on how UC adcoms, more specifically from UCLA and Cal, view applicants who take the SAT 4 times? Do they think they try too hard? Or is that mindset only for applicants who have taken the SAT more than once when they already scored high?</p>

<p>Thanks for reading.</p>

<p>First, a PSAT is NOT the SAT. Colleges don’t track the PSAT at all, except in the case of NMFs. Some colleges DO care if you take the SAT too many times. Those colleges tend to require students to send all sittings.</p>

<p>^ oh yeah, I know the difference. I just pointed out my PSAT’s to show the improvement. Sorry for the confusion. ;( I wasn’t really clear. </p>

<p>I was focussing on whether to take a final SAT in either May or Oct for a total of 3, or if I should take both of them for a total of 4 sittings.</p>

<p>I would say just wait and take it in October. Three times is enough imo. If I was an admissions reader I would find it a bit odd that a student had taken it four times. I think you should give yourself the summer to study and that way your score should be 2000+. </p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>