How does it work when you apply to one of the Universities of California

Does each university have its own application or is the same for all of them? My D is interested in Biomedical Engineering , I know that UC San diego is very good for that Major, any other one?

It’s the same application for all the UC’s, you just have to click the box next to the campuses you want to apply to and pick majors, other additional info that are specific to each campus you choose. For example, UCSD, you have to rank the specific colleges you are interested in along with picking your intended major.

There is one UC application and you select which campus(s) to apply. UCLA/UCB/UCD/UCI and UCR would be all good choices for BME. She should also look at Cal Poly SLO. There are two eassays on the application and the prompts are usually available by July/August. I suggest she work on them during the summer. Any more questions, just send me a message. I have been through the UC application cycle twice in the last 2 years with my son’s. You pay $70 application fee for each campus. Cal States also have only one application for the 23 campuses at $55/campus.

Thanks so much @Gumbymom. We live in Austin, Texas and the tuition for UC will be very, high, my D is only in 10th grade, I know is early but I am trying to learn… We will see if they provide any financial aid. My D is a tennis player and would love to play college tennis at a Div 2 school. (Like UC San DIego)…. I think the other UC are Div 1… We will see!

As an OOS applicant, there will be little to no financial aid available since the UC’s are funded by the California taxpayers. Expect to pay around $55K/year. If she is a recruited athlete, then scholarships would be available for her but do not count on any FA if she does not pursue Tennis in college. Good Luck to you and your daughter. Also consider that BME’s will usually require Grad school for better job opportunities, so an additional expense to add.