I haven't taken Alg 1

<p>My couselor basically dropped me into geometry as a freshman (I had never taken alg 1) and I went through it, got a B+. Since then I've taken Alg II, Functions Trig, AP Statistics, and am enrolled for AP Calc BC. However, my counselor is scaring me that since I didn't take Alg I, I wasn't filling college "requirements" in the math section. Is this true for Tech?</p>

<p>I’m not sure, you’d have to contact VT admissions about that. Do it from a non-identifiable email address though, just in case it is a problem and you decide to try and sneak an application in later.</p>

<p>You should also contact your school and see if there is any way for you to test out of Alg I and get credit for it, given your circumstances.</p>

<p>Forreal? I thought he was just being a pain by saying that, could it actually cause problems during the application process? I have more than enough math credits as of now, one more than VT requires. I thought I was good but I don’t know, I’ll try to contact them later.</p>

<p>I don’t THINK it’ll cause a problem, but it’s the sort of thing you want to figure out now instead of down the line when it’s harder to solve. You’re very probably fine, especially since you have enough credits, but like I said you want to know now that it’ won’t be a problem.</p>

<p>alright, thanks.</p>

<p>It’s pretty clear you can do algebra, so it might be a matter of you taking the final from that class or something to be ‘certified’ on your transcript for it.</p>

<p>chuy’s right: take care of it now while it’s not a (major) problem</p>