I really really want to go here. What are my chances?

<p>-Okay I'm going to be a senior this year. I want to go into CALS because i want to go to a medical school later on. I was wondering first if i can fulfill medical school requirements at the liberal arts college?</p>

<p>my stats:</p>

<p>-GPA: unweighted: 3.8
Weighted: 3.9 ( i took Ap stats and APUSH in my junior year, my first time taking ap's and a B in stats and A- in APUSH the whole year)</p>

<p>-Act: 25 (Im just not a good test taker. Do i have no chance with this score?)
-AP results: AP stats: 3 :( APUSH: 4</p>

<p>-I plan to take AP world literature, AP biology, AP physics, and AP Human Geography all in my senior year as well. </p>

<p>EC:
-I have over 100+ hours of volunteer service.
-Beens a member of a club called Project earth, we do work around our school and community to make a better environment.
-Multicultural club
-Habitat for humanity, we build and renovate low cost homes so people can afford them.
-Im signed up to start a chapter club at my H.S called Students for a Free Tibet(SFT)
-This summer i participated in a camp called Asian Pacific Youth Leadership Retreat(apylr)</p>

<p>Random:
- I am of Tibetan descent
- Will be a first generation college student</p>

<p>Work on improving the 25 ACT score. You will need to do extremely well on many exams in college to fulfill the requirements for medical school (General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Biochemistry), where often fewer than 20% of the students in the courses earn an ‘A’.</p>

<p>[University</a> of Wisconsin Madison | Center for Pre-Health Advising](<a href=“http://www.prehealth.wisc.edu/explore/medicine.html]University”>http://www.prehealth.wisc.edu/explore/medicine.html)</p>

<p>(click on ‘coursework’)</p>

<p>Responding to your questions (IMHO).<br>
yes- you can get what you need for Med school admissions.
Chances at Wisc- nobody knows for sure, your GPA looks fine, your ACT is on the low side.</p>

<p>My recommendation is to focus on the ACT. Take a review class or get a tutor. Do several practice tests, and re-take ASAP. Based on what you’ve included, this looks to be your weakest attribute, so improving it could be your best method of improving your odds of acceptance.</p>

<p>For your senior year, (4) AP’s looks to be a lot based on your performance with (2) AP’s your Jr. year. Maybe back off a little, or full speed ahead if you’re confident that you can do really well. You’ll have to balance out the potential differences between a “B” in an AP class and an “A” in an honors/regular course.</p>

<p>If you need to prioritize, you’re already covered with volunteer hours, EC’s, etc. Notice: I’m not saying to stop volunteering or participating in EC’s, just that if you can’t do it all, focus on ACT and GPA based on your current qualifications.</p>

<p>Best wishes!</p>

<p>You do not need to be in CALS for premed intentions. L&S and any major you choose plus medical schoool prerequisites works. But all of that matters only once you are in a college. You definitely need to work on testing skills not only for UW admissions but for the MCAT later.</p>