Iam going to die if i dont know...

<p>Hi iam a junior that goes to a pretty decent prep school, i have a 2.7 gpa (Mainly cause i failed spanish and goofed off freshmen year, hopefully i can bring it up some) I predict to get a 1600-1800 SAT i have over 240 community service hours as well as being a christian camp counselor over the summer, iam hispanic, live in Florida, (have family in texas if that matters) and i plan on applying early decision and show as much interest as i can towards the school. I posted how they view and what there admissions factors are below. If you could please help me, give advice and tell me what my chances are that would be greatly appreciated, thank you sooo much! </p>

<p>Very important admission factors:</p>

<p>Character/Personal Qualities
Class Rank
Application Essay
Recommendations
Rigor of secondary school record
Standardized Test Scores
Academic GPA</p>

<p>Important admission factors:</p>

<p>Extracurricular Activities
Geographical Residence
Racial/Ethnic Status
Religious Affiliation or Commitment
Talent/Ability
Volunteer Work
Work Experience
First generation college student
Level of Applicant's Interest</p>

<p>Considered:
Alumni Relation
Interview</p>

<p>I would definitely work on your GPA! If you can, try to get that above a 3.0. That along with great test scores and a good essay should get you admitted. I have no EC’s, did not declare a religious affiliation, and was admitted with a 3.54 GPA, although I’ll be coming in as a transfer, so I don’t know if that makes a difference. Not sure what major you’re trying for, but If you’re looking to get into the School of Business, you’ll need at least a 3.25 (so I’ve been told). Good luck!</p>

<p>dunno if you’re still checking this thread but</p>

<p>they aren’t kidding about character/personal qualities being on the top of their factor list. talk to your admission counselor and let him get to know you and inquire about visiting the campus/meeting with him/her. show them how enthusiastic you are, also work REALLY hard on your grades your senior year, you may not want to do early decision so you can send them your first semester grades (which are hopefully a significant improvement over your current 2.7). show them that you have matured past your younger years and are ready to work and compete in a college environment. if you get wait listed, send them your 3rd quarter grades. </p>

<p>hope this helps</p>