IB Diploma Conflicts? Advice needed.

<p>I'm an IB Diploma candidate and there is a scheduling conflict with my schedule this year. Basically, my options are to either quit band and do the diploma but I don't want to do that because I'd lose a huge amount of leadership and I'd miss it or to quit the diploma but still do band. My third option is to do the Diploma and still have band but only have 3 years of Spanish on my transcript. I actually enjoy learning Spanish and I want to continue it but I don't want to quit band. I'm leaning towards dropping the diploma and still taking Spanish since doing the Diploma is now making my schedule less rigorous. What should I do?</p>

<p>Personally, I think skipping the diploma after working so hard is pointless. I know I would have never dropped the diploma. It was really important to me. But I agree that if Band is important to you, you should keep it.</p>

<p>I’d vote for the third option and not do Spanish. Not having a fourth year won’t changed your college prospects, whereas dropping Band might. Plus you can always just continue taking Spanish in college.</p>

<p>I’m with neuchimie on this - to drop the diploma after junior year, which is supposed to be the worst of the IBDP anyway, seems like such a loss to me. At the same time, I understand your desire to do band - I’ve been involved in theatre all four years and I can’t imagine not doing it. </p>

<p>So, yeah, I’d drop Spanish. Maybe you could do something like self-study and take the AP exam in May? Did you take an IB Spanish exam yet?</p>

<p>Agreement all the way! Stick with the diploma and band. Although you enjoy Spanish I think these other two things are most important for your college opportunities.</p>

<p>Thanks for all the advice!! I really appreciated it and it helped with my decision. I’ve decided to keep doing the Diploma and Band.</p>