I'm worried about nothing, right?

Hello,
So I’m an international student. I emailed the office about my scholarship and the office said that I would be receiving the Presidential Scholarship( I didn’t get the letter though - what’s frightening me), and so I paid my deposit and withdrew all my other college applications.

I received my I-20 later and it didn’t show my scholarships. I emailed the capstone international center, office, etc about it and haven’t received any response in over five days. No replies from anybody. What should I do?
The silence is killing me.

I’m not certain that the scholarship would be listed on the I-20. Email the scholarship office and ask them if it should be listed on the I-20, and explain that you’re worried that it’s not on there. Then email the international center again.

I’d guess that the letter not arriving yet is just an ordinary delay, and nothing to worry about.

The letter is supposed to come by March-end (by snail mail). I’m an international student and I’m supposed to get the Presidential Scholarship too, so I asked the admissions office.

Who did you talk to in the office?

@mom2collegekids The title was Scholarship Data Coordinator - Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Do you remember the person’s name? Did you get anything by email about a scholarship.

I received a letter in the mail today. It’s from the “Office of the President” and is dated 20th January. (I was accepted in December.)

It says I’ve been offered the Presidential scholarship (does not say anything about the $2.5k Engineering scholarship). But it also says that the final letters will be mailed in mid-March. So, that’s when they want us to start the i-20 procedure, I suppose.

However, myBama portal does not show any scholarships yet.

^^
You may need to send Eng’g an email about the 2500…that comes from them. Go to eng’g webpage and go to the scholarships link and get the contact person’s name and email. I think her name is Saskia Clayton.

Last year, a couple of int’ls were in the same boat…waiting for their official merit letter. They were told to send a polite letter to scholarships (to their contact person’s email address or scholarships@ua.edu) asking if the award notification had been mailed. They included their CWID and their home mailing address. Again, send a very polite letter.

If you have your contact person’s email, then use that.

@mom2collegekids I emailed her and she said it was mailed out yesterday.

I wonder when OP was accepted and into what major. In any case, international postage can take weeks.