Importance of certain Subject Test Scores

<p>What's good ya'll. Subject test scores came out yesterday and I want to know how important the scores are for the ivies and other schools, specifically UPenn (ED), Princeton, Harvard, Cornell, Northwestern and Duke. I got a 650 on Chem and 660 on Math II. I want to know how much these scores are gonna hurt my chances. Specific examples of one's experiences will help too....Thanks!</p>

<p>Those scores are good but if you can, I’d retake for over above 700s. To get 650 and 660, you obviously know a lot about the subjects, so a little brushing up and studying should get your scores higher.</p>

<p>Yea thats what I figured, Im gonna definitely retake Math II now that I have more time study, it was hard in the midst of AP Exams, Finals, and SAT Is</p>

<p>More opinons/advice please?</p>

<p>You should definitely retake them and aim for 700s. The schools you are applying to are high caliber and would expect higher grades. I also recommend you take a test in either a history or English topic. This would help show your mastery of other subjects.</p>

<p>If you think you can do better, take them again. If you don’t think so, don’t. Or if you think you’d do better on another subject, go for it. However, unlike what deflear95 said, I wouldn’t take a test in eng/hist simply to “show a mastery of other subjects” if you know you’re not strong in in those areas (unless they’re required by the school). I certainly didn’t bother with math or science because I knew how those would turn out…</p>

<p>Your scores are ok, but as were mine. And for what it’s worth, I got a 670 on Lit and 700 on US. That was about the best I thought I could do with the time that I had. But that’s just me. </p>

<p>Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.</p>

<p>You could also try the ACT. At some schools you can submit ACT scores in lieu of SAT plus subject tests. I think duke isone of those schools.</p>