Important Advice for International Students

<p>@SA113…I’m also from South Africa! Wow! You sound like such an outstanding child! What school do you go to?</p>

<p>I’m from Kenya…
anyone with Stanford advice for Int’l Student…</p>

<p>great source of information. it is so very helpful</p>

<p>Marked marked</p>

<p>Thanks for the great resource! !!</p>

<p>Hello everyone, I applied to some schools on RD but I have a problem with my principal. He does not know any word of english. Can anybody help me with the common app school report so I can explain him.</p>

<p>Thanks a lot</p>

<p>Hello everyone. I’m a Nigerian and i’m looking at going abroad to study international relations…please can you recommend a university with low tuition that lectures in English…i would have preferred the US but their tuition are just ■■■■■■■ expensive</p>

<p>Well I don’t have any experience in these, but my friends sister is studying something called international relations in Bournemouth university. For her the tuition fee is around 3000 £, includes an apartment. Of course you can try Finnish or Swedish universities, because there are no tuition fees. </p>

<p>I came from a country that doesn’t require car insurance, but here in the U.S., they do. So once you get your driver’s license, look for an affordable car insurance. There’s two kinds: full coverage or liability only. The second one is cheaper but it will only cover the damage of the other vehicle you crashed into, and you pay for your own. </p>

<p>I was really surprised moving here because I didn’t take insurance into consideration when computing my monthly spendings. So it’s something you can think about, although it’s better to just live near the campus and just walk or bike! </p>

<p>My background: I go to Michigan State University and it’s a GIGANTIC campus and driving is really advisable for my case since there are no buses near my building. </p>

<p>Source: <a href=“http://www.arnoutsins.com/msu-student-faculty-insurance.html”>http://www.arnoutsins.com/msu-student-faculty-insurance.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Hi! I’m a senior from an international school in Venezuela and applying to several petroleum engineering schools in the US. So far I have been accepted into 6 out of 13, and I plan on being accepted into a couple more. I mean, I have an awesome GPA and relatively high SAT score. Nevertheless, the problem for me is not acceptance, but rather funding. My family would not be able to pay anything at all, and I wanted to ask if there are any funds, foundations, scholarships, or particular universities that might best suit me.</p>

<p>@ British Chick : you’re*</p>

I have won the Diana Kamal Scholarship Search fund, which will provide me free counseling, training, and will cover my testing and application fees!

It’s also directly related to the US Dept. of State (via AMIDEAST) so the Visa is also free.

Hi
Im from Sri Lanka. I recently scored 2060 for my SATs
740- Math, 670 for writing and reading.
I have sat for Edexcel GCE alevels and received AAAA for Math, furthermath, chem and economics.
I belive that translates to a 5.0 GPA .
I have received many National awards for Scrabble (yes this is played competitively) and I have represented my country at the World Youth Championships and placed 13th.
I was also a Senior Prefect at school, Captain of the Scrabble team, Vice President of the social workers club and secretary of the Debate Club and Design club.
I have engaged in many community services, interned at a Stock Brokerage firm and am currently head of Fund raising at the Sri lanka scrabble league.
My parents are unable to finance my education but are willing to pay as much as it takes.
Ill be sitting fo math 1 and 2 in Nov and resitting sats in december.
* IM LOOKING FOR REPUTED UNIVERSITIES WHERE I CAN STUDY ECONOMICS AS MY MAJOR WHILE RECEIVING AID***

Please can my friend who had 1520 in SAT get a full scholarship to any college in US?
Please she needs help

The SATs a bit too low, out of a 2400 right?

At least a 2000 needed

@Islander96 Wait…670+670+740 is 2080… Well, either works. You have some options. Howard would be your best bet as an international in my opinion. But when you say reputed universities, do you mean Ivy Leagues? Your SAT is too low for those. Can you be more specific on what exactly you mean?

@Solomon1998 If that’s 1520/2400, none that I could think of. With a 1590/2400, she might get a full tuition, but not full ride, at Coppin State, but it would still depend on her GPA. Now if that’s 1520/1600, she has a lot more options but still, its all relative to her GPA.

Does Scotland have anything like this?