Is anyone out there a B- Student ?

Also, some have suggested the branch campuses of Penn State for the first years, then transfer. I wouldn’t recommend this for this particular boy, since he wants an urban experience. The branches that I’m familiar with (Altoona, Johnstown) would feel depressing to him IMO…not only small towns, but economically depressed small towns with large elderly populations…and I imagine the campuses are largely commuter without a real “college experience.” The area is full of pretty mountain communities appealing to a different demographic but I would never send my teen there. State College, yes…it’s a teeming island, but he could drown before he makes it there…

@dspflyer I just thought of something - Rowan has some type of agreement with a program called Rowan Choice. You can classes at the community college, Rowan College at Glouster or something like that. They live on campus though. A thought… :slight_smile:

Just had some great news - DS has been using an ACT prep program and just got a 25 on his practice test.

Granted it was a practice test but a timed one at that. So I hope / pray this is realistic enough that he can get at least a 25 or close to it in the December ACT. Any indications that the practice tests are close to the real deal? The prep program was very strict about administering it.

FYI, it is Penn State Abington and Temple Ambler. They are both satellite campuses in the northern suburbs of Phlly. They are about 20 minutes drive from each other. Penn State Abington offers 4 year programs, and probably has more class offerings than Temple Ambler.

Can anyone provide some insight into a pattern we are seeing with different statistics for college admissions?
I have been on a number of websites - College Board, US News Rankings, College Niche, Super Match etc and all the schools I am seeing are showing a higher GPA acceptance average and a lower ACT acceptance average. I’m expecting a 2.9 - 3.0 GPA and ACT 25 - 26 from my son. I know there are a lot of Fair Test schools out there but what if the student does better on the ACT than his GPA ? Does the reverse work for acceptance ? i.e Hofstra has appeared on a few of his lists due to the lower ACT range yet the GPA seems to start at 3.5.

@dspflyer that really depends on the school. You can look up the Common Data Set for each. Section C7 shows what weight GPA and scores get ( as well as other things) and section C9 shows you the range info for enrolled students.

Thank you @Erin’s Dad. I’m a little confused - which website Section C7 and C9 ?

Google Common Data Set and look at section C7 and C9. The files are generally PDF or XLS

Okay great. Thank you. Found it!