Is Coca-Cola Semi-finalist worth an application update?

It had 1.45% acceptance rate for semi-finalists this year, 103,800 to 1,514. Mostly would like the state flagship to know, it is competitive for the county we live in. Not sure if it worth mentioning or not. Decisions for next round, 250 per region, will be after EA decision. Thoughts?

1 Like

Yes, I would update your app with this…either thru the portal (if updates allowed that way) and/or a quick note to your AO at each school. Congrats and good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Just thought of a follow-up question, will this in any way hurt chances of any of the full-ride school specific scholarship applications they have in? Less likely to get or consider them, even though getting one of the final slots for Coca-Cola is slim?

I don’t think that would be an issue until you win the scholarship. Then, many schools would likely adjust FA on their end.

1 Like

Maybe–if the Coca-Cola scholarship application included an activity not already included in your application materials.

Otherwise, I think that it might depend upon the particular school. If a highly competitive school–such as an Ivy League or other Top 20 National University, I would not report this unless it noted an additional activity or accomplishment not already known to the university admissions folks.

If a less competitive school, then sure let them know.

And, yes, I understand that my recommendation may seem counter-intuitive, but ultra competitive schools see so many extraordinary applicant accomplishments that semi-finalist status may not impress them.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.