Is it too late to look for a room near Engineering Buildings?

<p>Hello, i am transfer student to VT looking to move in by August. I had been looking for a place near Engineering Building of VT, but can't seem to find any spot available (max lenght 1 mile). I am planning to wait as maximum until June 10. Is this the right move? or by this time i should get practically any spot i find?</p>

<p>I have been looking in craiglist, vt.offcampuspartners; is there any other useful site to find apt. and townhouse to rent near that spot?</p>

<p>would appreciate any help</p>

<p>Do you mean the new Signature Engineering Building? Because your classes will be in different buildings and almost all the academic buildings are near each other, so basically are you saying you just want to live close to campus? That might be tough this late in the process as those are the most sought after locations. The EDGE is probably still an option although it’s way more expensive than anything else.</p>

<p>The Edge is a new apartment complex that is being built and it’s literally a five minute walk from the Signature Engineering Building, but like hokiefan223 said, it’ll be very expensive. If you can swing it then by all means. </p>

<p>My advice would be to go the off campus housing website and look for apartments in Terrace View, The Village, and other apartment complexes near there. A large amount of students live in the surrounding area and buses will take you to campus in less than ten minutes. Plus they’ll be cheaper than The Edge and you’ll be surrounded by a lot of students. </p>

<p>Wow didn’t expect such a rapid response.</p>

<p>Yes, i have been looking specially near the Signature Building; but yes, i guess anywhere around close to campus is good. I already check with The edge apartments and Tech terrace and it’s all full. </p>

<p>CloudyCloud, i think your right, it’s very expensive. i could use that extra money to have fun. But do you guys recommend to wait until june 10 for the best spot i could find or is it too dangerous to wait that long and might end up living farther away? any other website recommended to look in?</p>

<p>thanks a lot for the help! </p>

<p>I personally think the whole ‘late in the game’ thing is BS. I know people who found places in Terrace View a week before school started. </p>

<p>I would suggest looking online and maybe setting up appointments with people so you can see the apartments around the 10th or whenever you plan on coming by. </p>

<p>ok thanks</p>

<p>My son has decided not to return in the fall and already signed a lease for one bedroom of a four bedroom apartment with the Village at Blacksburg. If you are interested in taking over the lease please let me know.</p>