Is my senior year course schedule good for UCLA?

Hi there! I’m a junior in high school and my dream is to attend UCLA. I’m selecting my courses for next year (senior year) and I’m debating if I should take a fourth year of science or a fourth year of French. I understand that the UC a-g requirements recommend 3 years of both science and foreign language (and I have met that mark for both subjects), but I’m wondering what would look better for admission to a school like UCLA. Here are my options:

OPTION 1
Honors French 4
AP American Government
AP Literature
AP Psychology
AP Statistics
Economics/Sociology
Theatre

OPTION 2
Forensic Science
AP American Government
AP Literature
AP Psychology
AP Statistics
Economics/Sociology
Theatre

Would it look better to take a fourth year of science (Forensics) or a fourth year of foreign language (Honors French 4)?

Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you.

What do you plan to study? Have you taken Biology/Chemistry and Physics? If you have taken the 3 recommended Lab sciences then either Foresnic Science or French 4 Honors would be fine. French 4 will make your Senior year schedule just slightly more rigorous.

I plan on studying Philosophy. I’ve taken Biology, Chemistry, and Honors Anatomy. Should I take Physics for UCLA?

What are your career goals by studying Philosophy? For highly competitive schools, those 3 sciences will look good on your application. You have a pretty rigorous HS schedule so Physics may make for a tough Senior year. I would not formulate a schedule just for one specific school since UCLA is a Reach school for pretty much all applicants. Your Senior year schedule should show good rigor but do not over do it. There is a hidden class that most Seniors forget about and that is College applications which can be time consuming.

* UCLA

• Very important: Academic GPA, Application essay, Rigor of secondary school record, Standardized test scores
  • Important: Character/personal qualities, Extracurricular activities, Talent/ability, Volunteer work, Work experience
  • Considered: First generation college student, Geographical residence, AP/IBHL exam scores
  • Note: GPA, test scores, course work, number of and performance in honors and AP courses most important. Essay considered. Strong senior program important. Extracurricular activities, honors and awards also reviewed. For the College of Letters and Science, the applicant's major is not considered during the review process. The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science admits students by declared major, with more emphasis on science and math programs. The School of Nursing also places more emphasis on science and math programs and requires the submission of an additional supplemental application. The School of the Arts and Architecture; Herb Alpert School of Music; and the School of Theater, Film and Television admit students by declared major (within the school), and put more emphasis on special talents through a review of portfolios and/or auditions, which are the most significant admission factors for these schoo

French 4 Honors would make your schedule more rigorous and would match your interest in Philosophy more.