Is my tee shirt and jeans/cargo shorts son going to need a clothing over haul?

<p>My son is not into fashion. He wears tee shirts and jeans except to church. I’ve noticed some posts about girls wearing dresses… Should I upgrade his clothing?</p>

<p>No, you don’t need to change his fashion style for him. He will do that himself if that’s what he feels like doing. What you can do for him is to make sure he has business casual and business attire packed and ready to wear for occasions requiring that those attires.</p>

<p>No, he’s fine. That what my kids wear…except for the cargo shorts which for some reason my boys won’t wear anymore. Don’t know if those have become passe or not. lol My kids wear jeans or khaki shorts or pants, Tshirts or polo shirts. They have a fair share of “spirit Ts” and spirit hoodies. Their footwear depends on the weather…flip flops, sperrys, or their warm sheepskin lined Clark boots that I’ve mentioned in other threads.</p>

<p>Don’t pay much attention to what some girls are doing. First of all, not all girls dress up. Secondly, the boys are usually more casual…except those who are pledging. </p>

<p>The “dresses” that you’re hearing about are often worn for weather purposes. It’s hot during the first few weeks, so some girls wear sundresses for comfort. </p>

<p>The other dresses that you’re hearing about are often “themed sundresses” for football games that some girls wear. Not all. Many will wear shorts and a spirit T.</p>

<p><a href=“Access Denied”>Access Denied;

<p>mom2kids- Wow! I know those dresses aren’t showing anything more than shorts would. But those sun dresses seem well…short in length and material… Of course this coming from a mom with 3 sons.:)</p>

<p>I don’t think many girls wear them “that” short. these are being shown on tall models. lol</p>

<p>I would actually add that the dresses are “not that short” in fact we have found that dresses are more conservative than at other areas of the US. Game day dress is a great example of conservative southern dress. You will also find pledges in blazers, shirts, ties and khaki pants and actives in pants, shirts and sometimes even ties.</p>

<p>I always tell prospective students to wear what makes them feel comfortable unless there is a specific dress code. Clothes are a good, but not the only way to express ones personality. In short, know the situation and act accordingly. While most people are more concerned about being underdressed, they should also be concerned about being overdressed. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>haha yeah tell him to keep the cargos at home</p>

<p>Your S will be fine :)</p>

<p>My S used to wear Holister and American Eagle t’s in Middle School but when he went to HS he started wearing Ralph Lauren t’s instead…my D who wanted to shop at Justice in MS now in HS wants to shop at Delia’s instead…your S may decide he wants some “different” stuff once on campus but I will tell you my son wears lots of tshirts…some Alabama (purchased), some Alabama (spirit give aways), some RLP and many other random ones…depends on how often he does his laundry…haha</p>

<p>My S still wears mostly jeans/shorts and a t-shirt (usually with the name of a band on it)…but he does have a nice pair of khaki’s and a few polo shirts and button down’s that he wears for ‘special’ occasions.</p>