Is Secondary Teaching for Mathematics a difficult major to get into at the following schools?

<p>Intended Major: Secondary School Teacher in Math</p>

<p>I’ve always considered myself to be pretty good at math. My SAT Math and ACT math doesn’t reflect that, but I guess those are instances of bad test-taking skills and bad time management. I’ve taken math every year, and I’m at AP Calculus AB right now. Only gotten two B’s in math, and that was Honors PreCalculus (second semester) and Calculus. However, if I’m rejected from this major, can I be a candidate for admission in my alternate (Spanish BA)? I scored a 5 in AP Language and I’m currently taking AP Spanish Literature (had been absent for over 5 years at our school). Taken 4 years in total, so I’ve become really strong here. Native speaker too.</p>

<p>Schools:
-UCSB
-UCSD
-UCLA
-SDSU
-CSULB</p>

<p>Thank you for the kind advice. Some basic information about me is that I got a 3.77 UW and 4.1 UC GPA. Ranked 22/700. 5 AP’s this year. Southern California. Hispanic. Income ~$22K (household of 7). SAT score of 1720 (increased by 140 from first try). I messed up my SAT score of 1960 because I was adding score recipients and thought I had sent the score (via CB) but didn’t go through (was sending it with my phone) :confused:
Some extracurriculars are Peer Leading (Activities Director position), and Link Crew Club for two years (1 for class). I’d say ~50 hours community service. Btw, that is actually my major that I chose for UCLA, but the title of my major varied from each campus to the other.</p>

<p>Haha. Yes, I haven’t given up hope! I plan to rejuvenate myself, which is why I decided to take an extra AP class just to motivate myself throughout senior year and into college. Btw, if I appeal, can I also send first semester senior year grades? I got no lower than a B.</p>

<p>As for UCSC, unfortunately, I did not apply.</p>