is there a list of recommended/required yrs of courses in HS?

<p>for example
4 yrs english
3 yrs math
3 yrs science
etc....</p>

<p>I don't think so.... Here is all that I could find online:</p>

<p>Students are required to at least have earned their high school diploma or equivalent when they apply. For most programs, freshmen applicants do not have to take certain classes before they apply; however, the Admission Committee does look at the choice of high school classes as it relates to the major the student is applying to. For example, a student applying to a science-based major should show strength in the sciences, and a student applying to a business major is expected to be strong in math. </p>

<p>Transfer students may have some requirements for certain programs. International students - eligibility requirements are listed by country on our website.</p>

<p>Although not a requirement, a competitive freshman student for admission has a strong B+/A- weighted average, a 1280 SAT and/or 29 ACT test score, and ranks in the top 10% of their graduating class. A competitve transfer student for admission has a 3.4 college GPA or higher. As a private, selective institution, we base our admission decision on the student's academic strength and how competitive that student is in the applicant pool. There is no minimum GPA or test score requirement for admission. Keep in mind that a student who meets all of this criteria is not guaranteed admission; however, the closer a student is to this profile, the more competitive that student is for admission.</p>

<p>how do they calculate weighed average
mine is 5.66/8. Is this good for UM?</p>

<p>6-A in regular
7-A in honors
8-A in AP</p>

<p>It truthfully doesn't sound good.</p>

<p>on their website the average weighed gpa is 4.2
what is this out of?</p>

<p>it is out of 4.5</p>

<p>is there a way to recalculate my gpa into that scale
what's the difference in gpa between an A in AP/honors and regular?</p>