Is Villanova Lib Arts College Hostile to conservatives?

Hello
Are Villanova faculty hostile to conservatives in the classroom? Are students here forced to write “NEUTRALLY” to accomodate an unprofessional professor who cant step outside of his personal woke emotions? Do their speaker series represent all points of view? Does Admin cave if woke students protest a speaker like Ben Shapiro or Denis Praeger? We want to hear from CURRENT (NOT 2018 - it’s a different world already) students. Conservative colleges have received a 50% bump up in apps this year. Where does VU stand on intellectual pluralism - in reality not on the brochure. Thanks!

2 Likes

To be clear on concept, anyone can respond. Responses are not limited to a segment of users.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

9 Likes

By using this term, you are demonstrating your own inability to step outside of your emotions and accept “intellectual pluralism.” If hypocrisy and lazy argumentation are your currency, then I would venture to say, no, it will not embraced in Villanova classrooms. If I were you, I would look elsewhere.

Edited to add: I will also mention that a fairly close friend of mine teaches in the Poli Sci dept at Villanova. He does not suffer fools gladly. I feel fairly confident in stating that, were you to write this kind of nonsense of woke this and woke that and wah wah wah conservatives are under attack with zero evidence or even any attempt to logically state your case and contention, then he would unapologetically fail you. So that is my only “credential” for responding to the question - I am not a recent Villanova student, as you requested. But I have some familiarly with the current intellectual environment and standards.

8 Likes

OP is a parent

So, are they looking for a college for their student, or are they just trying to stir the pot with this question?

3 Likes

The student should be concerned about this…not the parent, in my opinion.

The student will be attending college…

Carry on.

I’m not going to wait for the inevitable negative discourse when OP is clearly trying to be controversial, based on the title of the post. The intent is to encourage antagonism and debate. OP is free to ask these questions in the politics forum. Politics Discussion Group
Closing.

10 Likes