Johns Hopkins Class of 2027 Official Thread

How many percent of JHU entering freshmen already got accepted via ED?

It says from their website "Two hundred seventy eight students representing 33 U.S. states, 17 countries, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico have been offered admission to Johns Hopkins University in the Early Decision II cohort of the Class of 2027, joining the 533 students admitted during the first Early Decision period in December.

So total accepted through ED is 813. They admit approximately 1300. So 65% through ED/ED2.

1 Like

Based on the CDS they admit 2900 total for an eventual enrolled class of 1400 or so.

1 Like

JHU is one of top choice schools for my son. Waiting for 3/17 anxiously. Good luck to everyone!

7 Likes

After the app deadline I emailed jhu to ask for permission to have an additional rec letter sent for my research paper. However, my professor didnā€™t send the recommendation letter via email to the university. Will it affect my application in a bad way? All the mandatory and optional rec letters on the common app were sent though

Of course, I do not have an insider knowledge. However, I would not worry. I cannot imagine that it would have any negative effect. Good luck!

1 Like

sooo nervous for decisions tomorrow. good luck everyone!!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your comment. I thought the same too but hearing the same from another person really put me at ease.

2 Likes

Good luck :+1:t2: to everyone.

4 Likes

what does everyones financial aid portal say? Mine says " Weā€™re Here to Help!

Our staff is available to assist your family throughout the college financing process. We encourage you to contact us with any questions or concerns."

mine says the same thing, I think itā€™s the same for everyone. one personā€™s checklist (finaid) disappeared a few hours ago while more people stated theirs disappeared less than 15 minutes ago so not sure what that means, if it means anything.

rejected, knew it was going to happenā€¦

1 Like

yeah me too lolā€¦itā€™s ok weā€™ll end up somewhere great!

1 Like

me too

1 Like

Waitlisted. Anyone knows the chance of admitted? And how many wait listed? May be last year data?

Waitlisted

I donā€™t think itā€™s very high, look at past common data sets to see

Where can you find it?

Got accepted !

but donā€™t see any scholarships with the letter, does it come later ? (they do have some merit scholarships)

3 Likes

pretty sure you can just look up JHU common data set, looked at 21-22 cds and about 3700 were offered waitlist (out of 39k), 2600 accepted place on waitlist, and 2 were accepted from it

2 Likes