Johns Hopkins Class of 2027 Official Thread

Hello, all! Are there any current parents of/students in BME at JHU? We (my son, husband and I) are going to be visiting JHU for admitted students day on Apr 6 and staying over Apr 7th. We would love to meet a current BME student who would be able to show us BME specific campus areas, talk about the program in greater detail, and in general offer opinion other than the official website.

My son did reach out to the BME department for a contact, but they suggested he watch the virtual info sessions and walk around the buildings on his own. We’re looking for a bit more context and content from personal experience.

Thanks!

2 Likes

In prior years, they have had specific and comprehensive info sessions in Clark for admitted students on the visiting days. I would watch for an invitation. It is an awesome, state of the art program.

Congrats on your son"s admission. Can you please share his stats?

Thank you. Will keep an eye out. But I was really hoping for a personal experience. Everything looks great in info sessions :slight_smile:

1 Like

DS was surprised today with a gift in the mail! Nice touch!

2 Likes

Very nice Bluetooth speaker!! My son loved it along with the playlist!

1 Like

Is there any GPA statistics of graduated students? Like average GPA of undergraduates upon completion? Thanks

1 Like

So sorry I’m just now seeing this. My D25 is a current BME student and loves the program. Hopefully just walking around you were able to get in contact with a BME student. And yes, having a current student does help as only BMEs can access that building and well as provide honest and current feedback. Welcome to the Nest!

1 Like

Wanted suggestions for D23 she is accepted for computer engineering and our COA is 80k.
She also has UMD—56K.
Rutgers-35K.
Penn state Schreyers-32K.
She has interest in Computers as well as management and has done projects involving computers and healthcare in her high school years.
She wants to use her college experience to explore her interests in these fields.
She is driven and wants to pursue grad degree too.

did anyone hear back from from the waitlist yet?

20 days later and still no news. Has anyone heard anything about waitlisted students?

probably nobody will be accepted from waitlist :frowning:

i also got waitlisted, did you get a response yet?

No, no response yet for my daughter either.

Did anyone notice that Portals for the incoming class of Fall 2023 are now inactive when you login your account?

Hi there - not sure if you’re still active on CC, but your post is very interesting. Our S24 is in sports recruitment process with JHU and things look good academically and sports wise according to coach - who’s sent our son’s info to admissions. We’re hopeful but also scared of price tag and saw your COA was going to be $80k. We can realistically afford about $45k and the cost estimator keeps showing ranges from $40k to $80k. We have good income but not tons of savings (mostly in home equity and 401k).

If you have any advice or suggestions where to get more info on possible costs, please let me know. Thanks.

I am really sorry for late reply. My daughter chose UMD because she felt 80K was a lot for JHU. You can try appealing to JHU if ou get in and see if they will reduce the amount.

Thanks so much for the reply. S24 has a visit with the coach/team in October and we’ll see how things go from there. The NPC isn’t showing full pay, but getting close to full pay, so hoping/needing some merit - S24’s scores, GPA and AP’s (14) are really good, so should be eligible for merit but we’ve never done this before. Your list with prices is very helpful and we’re pretty much looking at a similar list and price points - but different schools, other than PSU where both his sisters went. That’s his ultimate safety. It will be an interesting process!