Kids of Harvard employees get admissions preference? Any job at Harvard will do?

Not sure about an admission preference, but certainly free tuition is a fairly common benefit at many higher ed institutions (it has been offered at both privates that I’ve worked at). IIRC, when I applied for a job at MIT years ago, the benefit was 50% tuition assistance wherever your child attended (given that admission to MIT was highly unlikely for most).

Also, re: tuition exchange…definitely not a guaranteed benefit for anyone, even if your host school (employer) guarantees your kid an exporting slot (my school holds a lottery for 5 slots each year). The importing school has to award it, and it really is just like a merit scholarship with a smaller group of applicants.

4 Likes

The kid needs to be academically stellar. Other criteria might be relaxed, such as personality, leadership. The EC may not be national level. This provides a significant bump in admission chances

As noted…this is not a hook for admissions (or affordability) at every college where a parent might be an employee.

Love your attitude and willing to do anything to help your children. Don’t think this will work though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.