King’s College London in the US

Tried to conduct a similar crude and simple analysis for postgraduate applicants’ thread chats. I quickly found that this was a far smaller pool.

Only the following universities have more than one page of chat, if at all, so far:

1. Cambridge 310
  2. Oxford 230
  3. LSE 191
  4. UCL 67
  5. Imperial 49
  6. KCL 26
  7. Durham 6
  8. Edinburgh 6

I think this adds to the argument of prestige amongst students (if one combines both the undergrad and postgrad tables).

It is quite clear that the Golden Triangle are top, with Durham and Edinburgh having a strong case to be included in that same bracket locally.

Coincidentally (or maybe not), these 8 universities are exactly the only ones Oxbridge students regarded as peer universities with Oxbridge in the post I made in #34 on this thread.

They also heavily align with my perception of prestige and reputation of UK universities that I posted on another thread last year:

By the time one looks at international reputation/prestige of the universities, then Durham definitely drops a peck from the group.

The major surprise in the postgrad table is Manchester, which I expected to be more prominent in the postgrad space. This just confirms my repeated argument that despite its alumni successes and high rankings in international league tables, it lacks on-the-ground local prestige, just like NYU lacks in the US despite its alumni successes and high global rankings.