LANDON COLLINS says "ROLL TIDE!"

<p>The number one high school safety in the country (from New Orleans) chooses Bama over LSU. Sorry Mamma, your son is right!</p>

<p>ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>[Rivals.com</a> Football Recruiting - Army All-Americans feel for Landon Collins](<a href=“Rivals.com”>http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1315506)</p>

<p>"SAN ANTONIO - When Landon Collins’ mom stunningly upstaged his announcement on national television that he was headed to Alabama over in-state LSU Thursday night with her on-camera disapproval, both fan bases reacted with tirades and taunts.</p>

<p>Top recruits at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl watched in stunning disbelief.</p>

<p>“That is embarrassing for him,” Ty Darlington of Apopka (Fla.) High said. Collins, a five-star defensive back from Geismar (La.) Dutchtown, was the subject of heated recruiting battle between Alabama and LSU - the two schools which will play in the BCS National Championship Game next week.</p>

<p>His announcement may have been the most anticipated of signing season. In Louisiana, top recruits are expected to head to LSU - a school whose following is more fervent in the state than even that for the Saints.</p>

<p>Collins’ mom apparently feels that way. She angrily disagreed after the announcement, which happened late in the Under Armour All-American game in St. Petersburg, Fla.</p>

<p>“I feel like LSU is a better place for him to be,” she said. “LSU Tigers, number one. Go Tigers.”</p>

<p>She even gave a “Geaux Tigers” on television."</p>

<p>Wow, if I had a parent that was that publicly against me doing something, you can bet I would have chosen to do the thing that they opposed at age 18. </p>

<p>My parents may not have agreed with all of my decisions, and would tell me when they did not agree. But would never make a public statement about their disagreement. </p>

<p>Of course, I never made a decision that required my parents to make a public statement on national TV either!</p>

<p>Landon lives with his dad and step-mom. Step-mom played basketball at Bama. RTR and welcome to UA Landon!</p>

<p>Glad to hear that, and he seemed like a nice kid on the video! Welcome Landon!</p>

<p>haha i saw that, he has an evil mother, why would you completely ruin the coolest moment of your sons life on tv.</p>