Letter notifying UCs of dropped sport help

<p>This is the letter I wrote to the UCs I applied to notifying them of my dropped class (I haven’t yet sent it):</p>

<p>To whom it may concern,
This February I decided to drop Swim Team from my schedule. This was supposed to be my fourth year competing in swim, and my first year competing on the varsity team.
The reason I dropped the sport is that I don’t have time to go to practice or compete in meets. I am busy after school throughout the week studying and doing work for my AP classes, completing my AP Studio Art portfolio, and carrying out my editorial duties for the school paper. In addition, I got a job early this month which requires me to spend time working after school. </p>

<p>Is this too excessive, or should I add more? And is the grammar and everything good? Thanks!! :)</p>

<p>Meh, wrong focus, imho. </p>

<p>"Admissions</p>

<p>I understand I need to notify Cal if I change my extracurricular activities, and I am writing to do that. I have become deeply engrossed in my nearly completed AP Studio Art portfolio [add a couple words about it if it is interesting] and am devoting more time to my editorial duties for the school paper senior year. I addition, I have recently taken on an after school job [to get a head start on earning money for college <–ONLY IF TRUE] and am determined not to let this extra commitment hurt my focus on schoolwork. As a result, I am dropping my swim team involvement, this year. I did not apply to Cal as an ‘athlete,’ however, I understand you need to know of any change in my senior schedule, so I am writing this to inform you of the change.</p>

<p>Thank you for your consideration."</p>

<p>Do NOT use those words, that’s plagarism and for all I know they can tell, or read this site. But I would advise you to focus on the activities you are adding, and why they are important/exciting, and not on the one that you are dropping.</p>

<p>@collegevetting Thank you! That was way more helpful than my counselor haha. </p>