Liberal Arts/Int'l Studies freshman schedule

<p>My orientation is next week. Will I be assigned a specific math class or will I have options? And if I have options, which math class would you recommend?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>From what I grabbed in the Biology Orientation, the math class you’re assigned is based off an AP, IB classes, Class Rank, and your Math SAT score. If you got a 5 or so on Calculus AB or BC; you may be opted out of some classes. But it seems to me, (unless you’re adding a math class because its your major or something), that they pretty much tell you what to take unless you speak against it.</p>

<p>My daughter is an incoming IS major, and we got back from orientation a couple of days ago. The department already has your AP/IB credits and your Math SAT/ACT in their system, and as albert92 said they’ll assign you to a specific class based on your scores/grades. In fact, they’ve already worked up your entire class schedule in advance based on the Freshman survey you took (the department sent an email to your VT account a few weeks ago.) The schedule isn’t set in stone however; because my daughter is in RLC they had to add her required leadership class to the schedule during Orientation. If you really want to take something other than MATH 1015 I’m sure they’ll accommodate you as best they can.</p>