List active cousin on sorority resume? Can she do rec?

<p>Should my daughter list her cousin on her resume in the section where she puts family members’ Greek affiliations? Cousin is an active sorority member at u of sc. Cousin has offered to write a rec for her, but is this ok if she I has not yet graduated? Cousin is a Pi Chi for recruitment there(whatever that means), so I would think she knows how it works.</p>

<p>Yes…she can certainly list her cousin. While “some” sororities will accept recs from active members I would not have her cousin write the rec for her sorority. We advise girls to secure recs from women who are alumnae in good standing. If her cousin wants to, feels comfortable and maybe has a Bama connection with her sorority, she could reach out to them, letting them know that her cousin is coming through recruitment in the fall.
A Pi Chi is a recruitment counselor…we call them Rho Chi’s at Bama. They are active sorority women who disaffiliate with their sorority in order to guide and counsel pnms through the recruitment process. Your daughters will first meet these amazing young ladies at Preview when they are divided up into their Rho Chi groups for house tours (this is done alphabetically). While in some cases your daughters might have some of the same Rho Chi’s for recruitment in many cases they will not. </p>