Loyola social scene / school spirit.

<p>I absolutely loved my tour of Loyola. It's everything I'm looking for, campus-wise. However, I feel there is a big lack of school spirit, and a social scene. I love going to the games, partying, etc, and if Loyola can't cater to that need, I don't think I belong there. I know, I know, college is what you make of it, but what's the social scene like at Loyola?</p>

<p>There isn't very much school spirit at all at Loyola. As an incoming freshman, I thought I was going to go to games all the time, and that's not the case. We are not a very big sports school, but as far as partying goes (which Im not into) but if you are into that, you can definitively find that here at Loyola. Loyola has a lot of great academic programs and it really is a great institution.</p>

<p>Yeah... unfortunately thats the impression I got on my visit, that there was not much school spirit. As far as partying goes, you say there is a lot of that going on? ... could you elaborate a little? House parties, Dorm, Off-campus? Do most people just run off into Chicago on their own and do their own thing? I'm really, really considering Loyola and these are all important things to me.</p>

<p>Also, just so I can get a little more info, anything else you can tell me? What's your major? What are the people like? Do you like the core curriculum, etc? Relevant or not, I'd like all the details about LUC that I can get!</p>

<p>If you want sports then get Chicago pride and go to some Bulls, Bears, and Cubs games :)</p>

<p>Obviously pro sports have a huge following. I'm talking about SCHOOL spirit.</p>

<p>Hey sorry it took me so long to get back to you. There is a TON of partying on campus. A lot of students drink and smoke even in the dorms... kinda crazy. But if you are not into that, you can definitely avoid it. Being in Chicago, a lot of students will go downtown on weekends to michigan ave or to celebrate one of the many parades festivals chicago has year round.
I like Loyola University Chicago, but I dont love it. My reason is a personal thing though cus I am a film major here at Loyola and the program SUCKS, like majorly. I have talked to deans and professors about helping to change it and they all agree it sucks and yet will do nothing to change it. If you are any other major though, I have no doubt youll love it here. I love going to Jesuit school, the CORE is awesome, I love taking different classes and the professors are so interesting. You will learn a lot. If the film program was good at Loyola, there is no doubt I would stay here, but I do plan on transferring.</p>