Majors for Pre-med

I’m an upcoming freshman, and I’m trying to choose a major. I’m going pre-med, but in case med school doesn’t work out, I want to major in something that’s interesting, but could still find me a job if becoming a doctor is not my thing. I was considering majoring in clinical neuroscience at the school of neuroscience, but I’m not sure that major could get me a job on its own. I considered transferring to the school of engineering to study chemical engineering, but I don’t know how feasible an engineering degree and pre-med would be. Right now I think I’ll double major in chemistry and clinical neuroscience. Thoughts?

Neuroscience is an interesting major, for me I’m transferring from Cairo university, I used to study genetic engineering and biotechnology, so I went with Biochemistry, Even if medical school wasn’t an option for me for what ever reason, I still can continue studying and specialize in Genetic engineering

If you major in anything engineering at Tech, your G.P.A is going to tank & med schools will not look favorably on that.
You should search SDN forums in the pre-med section, I’m sure the thousands of pre-meds/meds over there will give you some good advice.

I’d just major in one thing. Focus on your grades. Neuro, bio, chem, and biochem are all likely good options for a pre med track.