Majors for someone that is interested in health care but not strong in math or science?

To be blunt, I’m terrible when it comes to math and science. In fact, I am in “slower” math and science classes. I would like to be a nurse/have a career in the health care field but I know that my lack of ability to perform in said classes is really going to hinder me. I’m not completely set on nursing and would like to explore my options but I really don’t know what those options are. Anyone have any idea what I could major in? Or what potential jobs I could look into? I would not really like to have a desk job working at a hospital or office.

I know a student who struggles mightily with math and is in a respiratory therapy program. Dental hygienists make a good living ( pay similar to nurses).

My daughter’s nursing program only requires a RN student to take two math classes - an intro stats class and a basic practical math class that covered material she learned in 10th grade. You do not have to be great at math. She had to take two chemistry classes. However, you must be really really good at biology, anatomy and related science to make it through nursing school.

You might look at a practical nursing program, which may be less demanding in the types of science classes they require.

@Charliesch what program is your daughter in?

York College of PA.

Most nursing programs have their required curriculum online so you can see the types of classes required.

Here is a site with many health related careers. Anything that only requires an AA degree will not require much math. Being a tech of some like ultrasound or radiology might suit you.
http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm

Try some of the rehab fields:
Occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech therapy.

They don’t require calculus or differential equations but you do need to be able to interpret statistics. You also have to be willing to do extra practicum hours. Speech therapy requires a Masters degree.

There also is physical therapy assistant and technical occupations, such as in radiology. You can look at some colleges that specialize in health care fields to see choices.