Marist LSP

Hi - stumbled upon this thread while researching the LSP at Marist. Is this really true? That if rejected from LSP you are rejected from Marist? Son is a senior and only just diagnosed with mild ADHD and working on 504 at school while trying to apply to Marist at the same time. I assume they will say he only needs accomodations…he’s made it this far with a decent GPA…but I would love for him to have the LSP support for executive function stuff (I feel like I’m his LSP right now and he will need a replacement!).

Actually I will answer my own question. I just called the LSP at Marist. They were very kind. She said the application does go to them first instead of regular admissions. If they feel the child will not do well at Marist even with their support, they have the option to reject the application (and it doesn’t reach admissions). If they feel the child does not NEED the level of support they offer, but could still possibly still be successful at Marist with just accommodations, they will send the application on to regular admissions. So it is not automatic that if rejected from LSP you are rejected from Marist, but there is risk of that.

1 Like

This is very helpful. I have almost the extra same situation with my son. He only has had the 504 plan (ADHD) since late Sophomore year and only because I wanted him to get extra time on assessments. He has done well with me as his LSP. I think he will apply regular and ask for accommodations if he gets accepted.