Mary Burke Hall

Just curious to know how many suite styled dorms are located in Burke. What are the odds of a freshman getting into a 3 or more person suite as a freshman since the suite styled are limited? My application is in for priority housing (I get to choose in May) if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Contact housing?

The suite style housing at Burke are nothing like the newer dorms and you have to clean your shared bathroom on your own. Not much storage in the suite either. If you go with a traditional room in Burke the hall bathrooms are cleaned every day and the showers are more private then you would think.

If you get to choose on the first evening, then you have a good chance of getting into a suite in Burke. Note however, that you cannot “pre-choose” your suite mates (only a roommate if you are in a double room a part of a suite). Also note…and this was mainly what made my son NOT take a suite in Burke…the beds in the double rooms that are part of a suite are BUNK beds that cannot be unbunked due to fire codes. My son actually chose a suite the first night, then went back in the second night and selected a different, regular room. (Plus with a regular room, he didn’t have to clean the bathroom or supply toilet tissue.)