Marymount University BSN?

<p>Does anyone know what SAT score and GPA Marymount University wants for its nursing students? It's one of the colleges that is a little bit further from my home, and is quite smaller than some others. I don't want to apply if I don't even have a chance with a 3.5 GPA and 1000 SAT. Please, anything will help!!</p>

<p>mjmansuria, my daughter just got her acceptance letter to Marymount this week. Her stats were close to yours - 3.47 GPA and 1100 SAT. With those stats, they also offered $14,500 in merit award, renewable all 4 years with the only condition being maintaining a 2.5 GPA. </p>

<p>2.5 is a low standard to keep merit aid. Many use 3.0 Beware of a college that sets the bar much higher. (Law schools in particular give out large amounts of merit aid, and then set the standard so high that few students are able to keep it after the first year).</p>

<p>charlie, yes, that’s what I thought as well. I think having to maintain a 2.5 gpa is very reasonable.</p>

<p>I agree, a 2.5 is not that bad. But omg, when did she send in her application?! That’s so awesome, congrats to her and you!! She has a better SAT score than me by 110 but I’ll apply to Marymount anyway. I dont know if I want to send in my scores yet though, since I’m taking more tests in a few weeks. </p>

<p>I have a question about the ACT. I’m taking it on October 25th and should have scores by November 8. However, most early action deadlines are November 1st. What should I do?? I really think I’m going to do better on the ACT than the SAT, but I also want to apply early… :/</p>

<p>Thank you! She applied August 1st to all of her schools. She had worked on her essay the last part of her junior year - so was ready to go as soon as the Common App became available. Robert Morris has a 10-day decision guarantee (that is, 10 days after all of your materials are submitted). They were the first to give an acceptance. It has certainly taken off the pressure for her senior year! :)</p>

<p>Maybe someone else can answer the early action question as I don’t know the answer to that - but GOOD LUCK!!!</p>

<p>Most colleges that offer early decision place students in one of three categories: accept, deny, or deferred to regular decision. So if you get deferred you still have a chance for sending in additional test scores that would then be taken into consideration for regular decision. You would just want to make sure the schools you are applying to also offer this third option in their early decision process (should be noted on the schools admission website). Good luck. </p>

<p>^^ well im applying early action, not early decision. but i suppose that could work. if i can get my SAT score up by a little bit more, I might not even have to worry about the ACT too much. im going to call schools tomorrow that i might get deferred from before i send my ACT & ask them what they suggest me to do. thanks for replying!! </p>