Master's in Nursing without Bachelor's...?

<p>Is it possible to major in something other than nursing in undergraduate school (i.e. business, biology, nutrition, psychology) and then go to graduate school for nursing and obtain a masters degree?</p>

<p>I've tried to look it up but I haven't found much of anything.</p>

<p>No, it is not.</p>

<p>You enter nursing school after 2 years and aim for a bachelors. Only continued education can yield a masters.</p>

<p>Yes, it is possible. I go to Wheaton College, and am transferring to Vanderbilt University school of nursing after I fulfill 78 hours of credit and will spend two years to get my masters in nursing, with a specialty and nurse practitioner in pediatric care. If you have good grades and take the GRE you don’t even need a bachelor’s degree and you can get a master’s degree. Another option is Rush University’s nursing program that allows you to get a bachelor’s at another college in anything and you can transfer to their master’s program that way as well.</p>

<p>It is possible to have a Bachelors in something unrelated to Nursing, but you will most likely need to have your RN license. And the only way to get that is by first having an ADN or BSN. And many graduate Nursing programs prefer a BS over a BA.</p>

<p>Yes, it is. You can either find an accelerated BSN, and some schools even have entry level maters programs. The University of Washington comes to mind, but it is pretty hard to get in since it is the #1 nursing school in the country.</p>

<p>There are several schools that give an accelerated BSN to students that already have a Bachelor’s degree (Duke?) but it is more usual to see an accelerated BSN for students who already have an RN. </p>

<p>Vandy has a relationship with Birmingham Southern College (and several other colleges) and they call it a 3/2 program where you end up with a Bachelor’s from Birmingham Southern (3 years) and a MSN from Vandy (2 years). The 2 years at Vandy is really 6 semesters so you lose 2 summers as well. The best place to find all the nitty gritty is on Vanderbilt’s web site if you’re interested.</p>