Math / Comp Sci at CC?

<p>Is anyone familiar with the Comp Sci and Math departments at Colorado College? Are the professors interesting / responsive? Are the upper-level classes offered frequently enough? Are the classes mostly focused on theory or practice? Are there internship / research opportunities associated with the college or does one have to go outside for these opportunities?</p>

<p>My son has been admitted EA, and is most interested in CS but may major in math or double-major. He especially likes the block program so he can devote his full attention to whatever class he is taking at the time.</p>

<p>Thanks!!!</p>

<p>My son was a pretty high-scoring Math student in HS (790M SAT, high AMC scores.) His first course this year (as a freshman) was a 2-block Math course (number theory). He had good things to say about both the material and the professors. I got the impression the professors were both interesting and responsive.</p>

<p>However, my S did not choose CC particularly for its strength in Math, and he’s not interested in CS. I’d be interested to hear more on this topic, too, from others with more experience or inside knowledge about the Math/CS department.</p>