Mattress Topper

<p>I just bought a 3" one from dormco.com for like $100. I’ve already been sleeping on it, lol, it’s very nice. It’s twin XL size too since all their stuff is made for dorms.</p>

<p>We bought one for my daughter 2 years ago on Walmart.com. It has held up great and comes in Twin XL.</p>

<p>Spa Sensations 4" Memory Foam</p>

<p>[Spa</a> Sensations 4’’ Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Walmart.com](<a href=“http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-4-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Topper/4569413]Spa”>http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-4-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Topper/4569413)</p>

<p>4" thick ^^^ Wow…that would make for a comfortable topper.</p>

<p>Peachtide: DD also has the Spa Sensations 4" Twin XL Memory Foam Topper -it held up great for her first year and she plans to use it again next year-she loves it. We ordered ahead using Walmart’s site-to-store in T-town. We picked it up a couple days before move in based on the following recommendation noted when ordering: •Please allow up to 48 hours for the topper to fully recover after removing from package. Being sealed in package sometimes traps odors, a few hours of airing usually removes the odor•…
We do not recall that it had any significant odor but the topper was pretty compressed when first opening so allowing some time to come to form ahead was good.</p>

<p>^^^ Did you have any trouble with the sheets not fitting over the mattress and and a 4inch topper?</p>

<p>We had ours sent walmart.com site-to-store to our home and took it out of the box. We then transported it and opened it in her dorm room. She didn’t have any trouble with smell or her sheets (cheap sheets, too!) when she opened it.</p>

<p>However, my teenage son used a box cutter to open the box at home and did put a small slice in the cover. It really wasn’t a big deal, but it is compressed very tightly in the box, so be careful when opening it.</p>

<p>Also, it doesn’t compress to come home, so we put hers in a storage unit until the next year. This spring I had to take my van to bring the thing home because she is moving to an apartment and doesn’t need it. Now I have to store it for a year for my son!</p>

<p>ProudBamaMama: No, no problem with Twin XL sheets from Bed Bath Beyond fitting over the 4" topper and the college provided mattress. If I recall correctly the topper is just a little larger then the college mattress with some overhang on the sides but it didn’t cause any issues. I think most any Twin XL sheets will fit as the college mattress is not that thick; maybe 6 inches thick (someone else may know exactly.) D said she double bagged the topper into large lawn bags for safe keeping in her storage unit for the summer.</p>

<p>Finding a memory foam topper that is exactly 36 inches wide is hard (which is the width of the mattress in RSE according to the school’s website). Would it be better to have it be about 3 inches too wide or two inches too thin?</p>

<p>I would get the one that’s too wide and do the overhang on the wall side. </p>

<p>If I could, I would cut away the extra part, but if it’s a covered one, that may not be possible. I cut one before…took a yard stick and Sharpie, drew a line, cut.</p>

<p>I would get the one that’s too wide and do the overhang on the wall side. </p>

<p>If I could, I would cut away the extra part, but if it’s a covered one, that may not be possible. I cut one before…took a yard stick and Sharpie, drew a line, cut.</p>

<p>Thanks, M2CK - I guess that will be our plan then. :-)</p>