ME 305 Test #1

<p>Ok, this is an unusual question. S is taking this class with Dr. Puzinauskas, and like many classes these last few weeks, class has occasionally been cancelled due to the weather. This is a T/TH class, 12:30-1:45. and the students had just a “half class” this past Tuesday due to campus not returning to normal operations until part-way through the normal class time. The professor sent an email to all students that the “half class” would be used as a question/answer class…the first exam was supposed to be that day. Now, S goes to class yesterday, prepared to take the exam, and the exam is not given! He has emailed the professor to find out when the test will be given, and the professor has not responded.</p>

<p>Are any of your students in either section of this ME 305 class, and if so, do they have any up to date information on the test date? S is assuming it will be Tuesday, but is getting concerned since the professor has not responded to the email in a timely fashion.</p>

<p>For those wondering, yes, he has attended all classes, but only made it to the last 30 minutes of the “half class”. Perhaps the professor made an announcement during the first 15 minutes of the “half class”…don’t know???</p>

<p>Thanks for any help!</p>

<p>Good luck to your son…</p>

<p>Dr. Paul is one of the most frightening things to happen to me yet - I took him for Thermo II. This is typical of Dr. Paul though. Tell your son to go to his office on the third floor of the SERC and ask him. He’s almost always in there or the combustion lab during the day.</p>

<p>Thanks for the “Good Luck” wishes, radicalnegative1! S has heard many unflattering things about Dr. Paul, and of course his ratemyprofessor comments are far from positive as well. Unfortunately, he is the only professor for Thermo II this semester…I’m guessing that was the case with you as well!</p>

<p>S did receive an email from Dr. Paul about an hour ago…“we will decide Tuesday”. So, apparently S didn’t miss any announcement regarding the test, but it is still a mystery as to why this first test is being postponed even longer!</p>

<p>BTW, do you have any practical suggestions for my S on how to survive the semester with this professor? Study suggestions? Review materials? Anything??? Feel free to PM me…I know Dr. Paul has the reputation of not caring about a student’s grades, and my S cannot afford to perform poorly in this class. Any suggestions are appreciated!!</p>

<p>Thermal and Fluid classes are notorious in the Eng’g world as being very difficult. If you ever google hardest eng’g classes those classes come up a lot as being the ones where students often get B’s and C’s. </p>

<p>I don’t know who my son had, but I’ll try to find out. </p>

<p>oops … nevermind.</p>