Miami or somewhere else?

<p>Hi, I'm trying to figure out if the University of Miami is the right school for me. I plan to be an engineer, either aeronautical or electrical. I'm an IB student with a 3.5 gpa weighted and I was wait listed for the fall but accepted for the spring. To be honest, I'm shocked I got in at all. The other schools that I have been conscidering are</p>

<p>Drexel
Penn State (2 years branch, 2 years main)
University of Pittsburgh</p>

<p>the main decision I feel is going to come down to drexel and Miami. I'm just not sure because i know if i go in the spring or the fall i will not receive much in terms of financial aid and that worries me because Miami costs about 60,000 a year if that's right (if not, please correct me because i would love a lower figure). Also aeronautics is really my passion but the only reason i haven't pursued it more is that i know the job market is not too great right now but i'm also interested in electrical. So that leads to my question is the "Dean's Promise" where if you don't get a job after graduation at Miami they will pay for your graduate school really true? I can't find on their website where it says this but i see people talk about it in the forums. Any advice would be helpful. I want to go to a good school but also somewhere that has activities and things to do, for example if i went to miami i would want to join the scuba club. Any advice is appreciated!</p>

<p>yo bra…miami is like 40k total/year i think…</p>

<p>i have a 3.4 weighted gpa and got accepted for spring 2012 as well, waitlisted for fall. was suprised i got in too</p>

<p>what was your sat or act score?</p>

<p>My ACT was a 28, I don’t remember my SAT because it wasn’t as good as my ACT.</p>

<p>ya man i got the same equivilant for my SAT. looks like were in the same boat on the spring 2012 acceptance</p>

<p>I mean i’m pretty set on Miami. I just hate how we’ll get barely any financial aid.</p>

<p>Drexal has a sweet mascot</p>