Miami University Early Decision and Early Action 2024

Hi, did most of you (or your kids) upload a resume as part of the Common App submission to Miami? The school’s admissions requirements don’t mention a resume, but in the Common App its listed as optional. I don’t remember most other school’s having the option to upload resume in Common App. Plan to apply for Honors and Presidential too, so maybe we should include resume with initial application?

We did submit a resume for my SD, who is applying this year. I also have a Soph S and JD at Miami, and when they applied, we uploaded resumes on Common App, just for good measure. Hope that helps.

My son also uploaded a resume into the Common App for his Miami OH application this fall. I figured it can’t hurt, even though there isn’t much more information there than he had in the activities and honors sections.

Oops, we didn’t do any sort of resume. Then again, my son wouldn’t qualify for Presidential and he has no interest in the Honors program.

Does anyone know when EA applicants will hear back?

I’m hoping EA decision are imminent. I have two kids at Miami, and on the MU parent FB page, several reported their kids who applied ED were notified of their acceptances the weekend before Thanksgiving. I’m hoping this means beginning Dec. 1, our EA applicants will start hearing. I hope this helps, even though it’s partly conjecture on my part.