Michigan Student

<p>Hello, i am an international student currently studying at Washtenaw Community College in MI.</p>

<p>Taken courses: Calculus I,II, Analytical Physics I, General Chemistry I, English Composition I, C++, Linear Algebra. Total GPA is 4.0/4.0.</p>

<p>Taking courses: Calculus III and three social science courses </p>

<p>English proficiency score: no Toefl score, Melab:77 which was one year ago (I just took one more time today)</p>

<p>Extracurricular actives: secretary of an honor society which is Phi Theta Kappa</p>

<p>So please give my your opinion if i can get in UM-Madison for Industrial Engineering. Thanks a lot!</p>

<p>Several items. You get admitted to the university as a whole, it does not matter what your intended major is. You need to meet the requirements for admisssion- see the UW transfer admissions website for details since you are already a college student. As a transfer student you will want to look at the UW School of Engineering site for your intended major prerequisites and other details. Your stats make it seem likely.</p>

<p>I checked the websites out. Since UW’s courses number are different from my community college’s and there’s no database to let me evaluate, I don’t know if I meet UW’s prerequisites. In fact, I am taking those prerequisites are for University of Michigan since I have been planning transfer there. But I have to move to WI next year because of my boyfriend.</p>

<p>

No, you don’t. It’s your choice. If paying out of state tuition in either case, Wisconsin is cheaper, however.</p>

<p>Ditto on the boyfriend. You can find how your credits transfer on the UW website. You also need to have met the requirements new freshmen do- such as language, math et al (which you likely have).</p>