Monoprice Cable Sale 8/2 - Ethernet and Coax Cables

<p>For those of you who still need to purchase Ethernet and coax cables, Monoprice will have them on sale 8/2 for 30% off. </p>

<p>You need one coax for each TV</p>

<p>[HDMI</a> Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!](<a href=“http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236]HDMI”>http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10236)</p>

<p>If you plan to hook up multiple devices to the internet, you need a switch and one Ethernet cable from the wall port to the switch and then one cable for each device (printer, PC, gaming system, Blu-ray player, etc) you want to connect to the switch. You want them just long enough, so that they reach but you don’t have a lot of extra cable. </p>

<p>[HDMI</a> Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!](<a href=“http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10232]HDMI”>http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10232)</p>

<p>Even if you choose not wait for the sale, this is still a much better deal than buying at your local electronics store.</p>

<p>Monoprice is our favorite place for cables as well! Although the dorms are wireless, my D used an Ethernet cable the majority of the time while in her room. She said the connection speed was better. We originally only bought the 4-5 ft. cable, but ended up buying a longer one so she could comfortably sit on her bed with her laptop.</p>

<p>Peachtide- that is good to know. DD is bringing laptop only so we weren’t planning on any cables but if it improves speed that much she may want one. She is in RCS-N and a C room. Wall will be on lofted on left hand wall as you walk in. Any suggestions on cable length to use in bed?</p>

<p>the outlet is by the door.</p>

<p>I looked back at our Monoprice order and the first cable was 7 ft. The second was 20 ft. per her request. She wanted to be able to move around the room while Skyping, etc. and easily use her laptop from anywhere. It worked for 2 years in Riverside West and Ridgecrest West and only cost $6 from Monoprice. She was happy!</p>

<p>We just did a Walmart run and the HDMI cables there were anywhere from $20-$40!!! I told my son we would order online-so happy we waited:)</p>

<p>For anyone needing a switch, this is a good choice and on sale for $25 until 7/30 (you need log in and then enter the code found on the page to get the sale price)</p>

<p>[Newegg.com</a> - TRENDnet TEG-S80G Switch 8-Port Gigabit GREENnet 10/100/1000Mbps 8 x RJ45 8K MAC Address Table 128KBytes Buffer Memory](<a href=“Are you a human?”>Are you a human?)</p>

<p>Looks like Monoprice has gone up on their prices a little, but you can still get a 15 ft. for around $12 plus shipping. Here is the description of the one we got 2 years ago:</p>

<p>20FT Cat6 550MHz UTP Ethernet Network Cable - Blue</p>

<p>Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Kaylynsmom, your D should have an Ethernet cable. She will need it if she ever needs to troubleshoot her wireless connection. Also, I would never trust a wireless-only connection when the difference in being able to online or not could mean being able to research for an assignment that’s due or not.</p>

<p>One other tip on switches - you may want to bring some electrical tape to cover the activity lights on the switch (which can easily be done on the switch I posted the link to, as the lights are all in the front). At home, most of us likely have our electronic equipment in a room other than the one we sleep - so those mad blinking lights in an otherwise dark room don’t bother us like they might if trying to sleep in a dorm room.</p>

<p>I don’t see a code for the sale price… It says $39.99. Am I missing something? I think the lack of sleep is getting to me. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>You are missing the green words in the middle of the page that says</p>

<p>$15 off w/ promo code EMCNCHF74, ends 7/30</p>

<p>Don’t worry, I think we all are a bit loopy these days</p>

<p>I logged out and in, now it’s there… Thanks</p>