Mount Sinai Humanities and Medicine

<p>nope, </p>

<p>karen smalls hasnt responded to any of my emails, but Dr. Rifkin, whose email address is on the website, is pretty good about it.</p>

<p>do you guys have any advice for applying? i’m a freshmen (well, finishing up my first year) at nyit. i’m a life science major. can i still apply? i’m really interested in psychology and history though…</p>

<p>^ no. you need to be a humanities or social science major. also, not to be a debbie downer, but they mostly accept students from elite schools. this is because they ask for high school stats and so most kids at top schools had really solid stats and test scores. i only know of one person who got in from a mediocre school. PM me if you have any questions; i know a lot about the program and the application process. i can also suggest some other early assurance ones if that would help you.</p>

<p>Just to clarify,</p>

<p>To apply to this program, I do not need to have taken any science courses in college at the time of my application, right?</p>

<p>So, as long as I would take a year of Bio, Chem and a semester of Orgo, I’d be OK?</p>

<p>How much better do you guys think it would look to start taking these courses before I would apply?</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I would think your chances of acceptance are extremely low if you have not completed a science course or two prior to applying. Just because you have all A’s in French Lit does not demonstrate that you can handle Chem 1. Thus, the adcom will have literally nothing to go on besides your HS science courses.</p>

<p>Hi, I’m currently a freshman and I am very interested in this program. however, currently, because I applied as an engineering major, I am taking a bunch of science classes. I hope that this doesn’t work against me because I am thinking of majoring in history or developmental studies instead… I’ll probably be taking 3 humanities courses (2 history and one developmental studies) and a bio class and organic chem1. any advice?</p>

<p>All you can do is apply and see what happens. But if you look at the history of the program, they really are looking for true humanities majors, and a typical Frosh engineering schedule will probably be hard to overcome.</p>