Mount Sinai Humanities and Medicine

<p>Hey
I know that there have been threads for this program in previous years, so I thought I'd start one for this year. the deadline is tomorrow! who has applied?</p>

<p>I applied.</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>Well, I am a junior. i know that this affects everything in the negative direction, but I am hopeful. Any juniors out there?</p>

<p>Anyone heard anything yet? heard that your app is complete?</p>

<p>there’s a couple people on SDN who applied. there’s a thread too, though very short.</p>

<p>Heard that application is complete. Other than that…nothing. You guys?</p>

<p>app is complete. are we supposed to hear about interviews early or late november?</p>

<p>what is everyone’s major? I’m Classics Languages (Ancient Greek/Latin) at NYU.</p>

<p>On the thread on SDN, someone emailed the program and was told interview invites are going to be emailed the end of November.</p>

<p>Hey people,
I applied too… but am not sure i am a strong candidate…
Anyone got a call for interview yet? :/</p>

<p>I heard the same thing, late November, but before December. I’m studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics, but from what I understand they don’t really care about your major as long as it is not a science, although classical languages sounds tight.
p.s. Why do you say that gunnar?</p>

<p>because I have stats that are below the average requirements…
I still applied though because I believe God is going to allow for another miracle! :D</p>

<p>oh, I am studying Comparative Lit. and the Arabic language </p>

<p>Anyway, good luck fellas.</p>

<p>how was writing the essays? I hope mine were decent i put a fair deal of work into some relatively vague topics, I hope they care about those enough to look past a few shortcomings with my grades second semester, sophomore year. Yes I am a junior, that requires a miracle of its own.</p>

<p>haven’t heard anything yet…</p>

<p>haha and the alexreloaded, what do you mean by “tight” about my major? is that a good thing?</p>

<p>Interviews have already begun. Last Wednesday afternoon I was off, so I went to see the interviewees.</p>

<p>I imagine that they are still in the process of deciding who to invite for interview.</p>

<p>Haha, yes. Tight means cool and hip, so that’s good. Interviews have begun? Interesting. I have yet to hear anything from them. What about all of you?</p>

<p>I took mad time to write those essays since that was the only thing that helped me “stand out”</p>

<p>No word from Humed as of yet for me…</p>

<p>Personally, it’s in the back of my mind right now. I’m busy with PRINCIPLES of Bio… Can you believe it!</p>

<p>haha I feel you yo. Those essays are straight up my magnum opus. I toiled over them day and night. Hope it pays off. I have yet to hear anything as well. I am starting to think it is because I submitted just minutes before the deadline so mine will probably be one of the last few looked at</p>

<p>i’m SOO mad. I had my application in in JULY. I requested all letters in JUNE. 2 were done promptly but one of them was such a pain in the butt and got in days before the letters deadline. it’s so frustrating that no one helps you out, even if you are on top of your own work.</p>

<p>Yo so for real have any of you guys heard back from them? I am studying in Hong Kong right now and I am trying to make up some plans but it’s a dead end on MSSM’s part. I sent emails to karen smalls and no one responds, have you guys heard anything at all?</p>