Mskcc hopp 2022

I got the email that I was accepted to the program yesterday (round 2). I’m honestly surprised because I don’t think that my essays were good. I don’t have any science related ecs except for a small research program I did over the summer after my freshman year. I’m a junior now btw from NJ. I doubt that my teacher recs were exceptional either. I think that my grades really helped, especially because a lot of my classes are medical related.

1 Like

congrats. I have yet to receive anything yet. Will update the thread.

Congrats again !!

2 Likes

Congratulations! Did you get any notification prior that you moved to second round before you got acceptance notification?

1 Like

Thank you! And yes I did. About a week before they emailed me that I was in the top 10% of applicants and that my application is currently being reviewed by the round 2 committee. They also said I may be contacted for an interview. I never was contacted for one, but I was still accepted.

4 Likes

I still haven’t heard anything. Do you think I should email the programme?

Yes, I don’t think it would hurt. I believe decisions aren’t over yet. If you didn’t get a notification about the second round then they might email you about round 3 later!

you should all check your spam folder

Idk man

I have not heard ANYTHING BACK YET

I’m getting a little annoyed at this point… I know I’m probably going to get rejected anyways

I have emailed them and it was supposed to come out on March 15, then they pushed it to March 19th, then March 31st, and now they sad mid-April

Thanks. Also congratulations for your acceptance! I’ll email them because I am also a bit annoyed now.

1 Like

My son got acceptance email last Friday and it asked for a decision by today. So whoever not getting a rejection yet is probably like on a waiting list? Also there was no interview, comparing to another program he applied where he interviewed with 4 people. Well, he decided to go to this one still since it is more in line with his interest. I wish it is the right decision! Good luck to everybody!

1 Like

Still have not heard ANYTHING yet

Has anyone been experiencing similar problems

Yes nothing here too

Same. I was accepted but no other communication besides that email.

have you head anything?

Still nothing from them. Tbh I think i’m just going to email them. I got rejected most likely :confused:

Called them. They said they had sent an email, check spam. There was nothing in spam, they sent the email again with rejection. I would suggest you call them.

I applied for HOPP2022 in January, have yet to see anything (now April 10).

Does this program send acceptance or rejection letter?

Thanks.

I still have not received anything. I am going to call them today. I emailed them last week and heard nothing back.

Although many have received results, at this point the best option is to contact them whatever way possible

I *finally * heard back. I got two emails today

One earlier today that said they were still “thinking about my application” so waitlist

And then one just now: I got rejected.

Congrats tho to any one who got in

Hi guys, does HOPP or Governor’s school of the sciences look better on college apps?

Does anyone know if international students are even accepted into the programme? I haven’t had any response.
(Just to clarify I am an American citizen but I live abroad)