Musical Theatre Minor

I’m a current high school student looking into majoring in something in the sciences, but I love the performing arts and have considered majoring in musical theatre. My parents aren’t too keen on the musical theatre pathway, so I’m looking into a possible musical theatre minor instead. So far, I’ve found that Hofstra University, Michigan State University, and Montclair State University all offer a musical theatre minor to anyone, students majoring in the performing arts as well as not in the performing arts. SUNY Geneseo has a musical theatre minor, but the only information the website gives about the program are the required classes needed to take for the minor. Are there any alumni, parents, or current students who can give me some more details about this minor, specifically whether or not this minor is open to students outside of the performing arts? Thank you so much!

Sorry I found this super late! I don’t know much about the MT program at SUNY Geneseo, but I found this link that might be helpful in looking for more colleges offering MT majors, minors, etc.

http://www.broadwayartistsalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/CollegesandPerforming-Arts-ProgramsPacket2014.pdf

You have probably already applied to several colleges, but hey, it’s never too late to check if you have not decided on a college already. I am actually in the same situation as you, so good luck!