My chance to transfer to Texas A&M University (Petroleum Engineering major)

@aggiengineering

I’m sorry, your right. he still needs chemistry credit to transfer to A&M But that does mean he may need to stay an extra semester in college (1 semester for Chem 101, and 1 for chem 102) @Vietnamese do you mind?

@Vietnamese I also think that you should stay one more year at community college. Because they will ask you to take Phys 1/2, cal2, chemistry 1/2, and maybe cal3 in order to fulfill the requirements to transfer to Pete. If I were you, I would either transfer to a less competitive engineering major that you put as a second choice, then transfer internally to PeTe, or I would stay one more year at community college.
Even with an acceptance rate of 52%, the datas are not totally transparent because 52% might also include all the freshman and people who transfer internally.
Good luck!

This past career fair there were virtually no companies looking for petroleum engineering majors. While there, I also I overheard someone say that their friend had a job locked in with Exxon after he graduated, but Exxon rescinded their offer because of the state of the industry.

The focus on advising the OP which courses to take to transfer into Petroleum Engineering is like advising a Titanic passenger what color necktie to wear instead of telling him how to get to a life raft.

http://admissions.tamu.edu/pdfs-transfer2015/ENG-petroleum.aspx
Well no need to advise. Just follow this sheet and pray. :wink:

Commodity prices go up and prices go down. It has always been a cyclical industry. One of the reasons it pays so well. PEs graduating in 2019 and 2020 will probably hit the market just right.

Is it ok if I take Chem 2 during the summer and physics 1 and cal 2 during the fall?

I will apply to transfer after finish taking physics 1 and cal 3

First off Chem 107 was not an easy class. I constantly studied for that class and still did not manage to get the grade I wanted. The lab is awful. If you take chem 1 and chem 2 at a community college it will replace chem 107. You will need to take Physics mechanics and Physics electromagnetism. It is calculus based physics. And you have to take engr 111/112 at A&M. I do not think there is a substitute for those classes. Petroleum Engineering is not really popular at A&M right now because of the current job market. Don’t major in it if you are just chasing the money. Make extremely good grades and apply for Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. Those degrees are more flexible and you can work in more industries. You can still work in the oil and gas industry with those degrees.