My chances for University of Miami

<p>Any feedback would be appreciated about my chances of getting in and I am a rising senior. Looking to raise my ACT a few points in September.</p>

<p>Race: White

<p>Tests: ACT - 27 (E:26,M:32,R:25,S:25,W:10)</p>

<p>GPA and Course Load:
Unweighted: 3.72
Weighted: 4.28
Some honors freshmen year
Mostly honors and AP sophomore year
Mostly honors and AP junior year
Some honors and mostly AP senior year
AP Psych - 5
AP Spanish - 5</p>

<p>Upward GPA trend:
First semester of freshmen year was a 3.9 weighted, last semester of junior year was 4.52</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
DECA - 11th
JV Baseball - 9th, 10th
JV Hockey - 9th (captain), Varsity Hockey - 10th, 11th, 12th
JV Golf - 9th , Varsity Golf - 11th, 12th
Volunteer tutor for elementary school kids (mostly hispanic)
Volunteer in helping kids "Learn to Skate"
Hospital Volunteer
Managing a business since age 13
Violinist since age 10
Pianist since age 8</p>

<p>Work:
Office Assistant for a company in downtown Chicago (only for this summer and the past summer).</p>

<p>Additional Details:
School doesn't do class rank.
Excellent letters of recommendation.
Don't think this will make much of an impact but I plan to write about it in my essay: I started learning Spanish at age 7 and now I'm fluent. I went on a two week trip to Spain this summer through the school to help learn more about the language. I actually took classes during the week in Spain and they really helped my development of the language.</p>

<p>Thanks for your help!!! I would greatly appreciate any advice you could give me to make my application better, and increase my chances. Thanks!!!</p>

<p>Pretty on track for acceptance, you shouldn’t be worried.</p>

<p>Great thanks!</p>

<p>I would say that if you get your ACT up to a 29, you have a good shot.</p>

<p>Ok thanks… and does miami superscore?</p>

<p>Yes, Miami superscores.</p>

<p>If you’re just looking to be accepted, then I agree getting your ACT score up to 29 or 30 would probably “guarantee” you a spot. Assume you didn’t take the SAT?</p>

<p>If you are looking for academic scholarship money, then an even higher ACT would be good and taking the most difficult schedule you can in senior year is best. Of course, a campus visit can’t hurt and would serve to help you make up your mind that UM is really where you want to be. Applying EA is also your best option for scholarship chances - and maybe acceptance too.</p>

<p>you’re in. Get it to to 29 for good money</p>

<p>thanks!!!</p>