My chances in the UC system

Hello everyone,

I’m new to College Confidential, so please bear with me if I’m doing anything incorrectly, thank you for your patience.

I want to know what my chances are in the UC system. I’m very worried about the impact my 9th/10th grade GPA will have on my app: not so worried about my test scores or my EC’s.

10th Grade: (AP’s not allowed in my school before Junior year): I made mistakes my Soph. year…
Sem1: 3.2 UW
Sem2: 3.0 UW

11th Grade: 5 weighted courses; AP ES, AP Stats, AP Macro, AP Micro, and AP Psych.
Sem1: 4.0 UW; 4.8 W
Sem2: 4.0 UW; 4.8 W

EC’s:
President of Mock Trial
President of Business Club
President of Poly-Sci Club
…Member of two other business/political clubs for over two years.
Principal’s Advisory Board
Chair of Congressman --'s Student Advisory Board
Founder of Charitable Organization fro the Homeless; over 30000 meals served; 60 weekly volunteers.
Founder of my own business; we have over 17 student-employees.
Class Treasurer
Intern at a Law Firm: 3 years

AP Testing/SAT’s:
SAT: 1550/1600
SAT Math II: 780/800
SAT US History: 760/800
AP ES: 4, AP Stats: 5, AP Macro: 5, AP Micro: 5, AP Psych: 5

I also have fantastic recommendations lined up - including one from my principal and one from a Congressman who has known me personally for over seven years. If you need any other info, please let me know.

Additional info:
Asian Male, Bay Area

540 Service Hours

Calculate your UC GPA: https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Post UW GPA, UC capped weighted GPA and UC fully weighted GPA.

Intended major?

LOR’s are not accepted by the UC’s as part of their application. UCB did a pilot program last year by asking a percentage of applicants for 2 LOR’s but they are the only UC that did this and I do not see anything on the website for this year if they plan to continue.

UW: 3.58
W: 4.00

I guess I also have a steep upward trend.

Intended major area: Political Science, w/ minor in Business

Also, didn’t know that about LOR’s, seems like it’s only brought up in the supplemental for some campuses/majors.

Yes, some campuses will send out supplementals in January and you can submit LOR’s then, but for a regular application, they are not considered. It cannot hurt to keep them handy just in case.

You have competitive test scores and great EC’s. GPA is on target for most of the UC’s and an upward trend will definitely be noted.

You have a good chance at all the UC’s. UCLA/UCB are always tough admits but I am sure you will several acceptances to choose from next Spring.
You do realize that only UCR/UCI/UCB are the only UC’s that have actual Business schools and Business majors. I assume you will lean towards Econ at the rest of the UC’s?

Good luck.