My final chance thread here. I hope lol

<p>Hello, thanks for taking the time to check this out.
here are the stats:</p>

<p>ACT: 31</p>

<p>AP's: Span- 5 Eng- 4 US History- 3</p>

<p>GPA:3.27</p>

<p>ECs listed on app: football, track, was in 2 clubs, and work; and tons of Comm. Service</p>

<p>Job/Work Experience: did finances that were really receipts at a family friend's company and also had a job there too</p>

<p>Essays (subject and responses): already started so they should be very good- on two hardships that have come down on me the last 2 years, and my dealing w/ them.</p>

<p>Teacher Recs: better than great</p>

<p>Counselor Rec: great</p>

<p>School Type: Private, does not rank</p>

<p>Ethnicity: Hispanic</p>

<p>Gender:M</p>

<p>Also: Took 3 summer courses at a local comm. college</p>

<p>thanks a lot guys</p>

<p>btw, how do you feel, if you're in wisconsin, on this brett favre deal?</p>

<p>still waiting for mccarthy lol</p>

<p>Your GPA is pretty low so you only have a 50 percent chance of acceptance according to this <a href="http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://www.admissions.wisc.edu/images/UW_FreshmanExpectations.pdf&lt;/a> .</p>

<p>UW seems to be pretty good at considering the school you went to when looking at GPA. I was accepted with a 2.9 GPA but decent test scores and I went to a New England public school. However, I know people from Minnesota who were rejected with 3.8 GPA. It all depends on how they look at it. That chart doesn't seem to be too accurate in calculating acceptance in my opinion.</p>

<p>Good luck.</p>

<p>Go ahead and apply as soon in Sept as you can. With rolling admissions you should have an answer in time to check on other schools. Consider this a reach school for you and apply to others that are match/safeties as well. An improving gpa helps- if your junior year grades are much higher than previous ones that improves your chances. Remember, getting accepted is only the beginning, once you attend a school you have to be able to do the work to keep up with the classes. The courses will be harder/more fast paced than AP classes. Do your best this coming year so you are best prepared- for any college. Your ACT score shows you have the ability, you need to also do the work- a lower gpa doesn't prove this, improved grades will.</p>

<p>I guess, apply.. but don't set your heart on this school. It's a definite "low reach." (Not impossible, however.)</p>

<p>If you don't make the cut, look into similar matches such as Purdue and Ohio State, which are easier to get into.</p>

<p>Best of luck.</p>

<p>so it's a reach more than a match then?</p>

<p>I think it's a match.</p>

<p>It doesn't matter what we say here about your chances. You pick schools you want to attend and apply, paying attention to the stats of successful applicants.</p>

<p>mm right. well i know that the AA will help me a bit, but will it help me get over the top? i guess that's something that's not in the stats</p>

<p>We can't give you any more assurance, sorry. See what happens when you apply.</p>

<p>Wisconsin doesn't need teacher recs then huh?</p>

<p>Read the application form for details- it is now available.</p>

<p>'Reach' applicants should definitely have a couple of teachers send in recommendations.</p>