Need to know my chance fast! (deadline coming)

<p>So the deadline

Jan.15th

is coming, I really need to know what my chances are.
I'm really worried because I have a low SAT score and unimpressive extracurricular. I don't want to waste money, because my parent can't afford all the colleges application fees, and my brother is applying to colleges too.
but I want to know if it's worth it.</p>

<p>Grades
GPA:86.6
SAT:
CR- 440
Math- 530
Writing- 400
No AP test or SAT subject test ='( :(</p>

<p>Extracurricular: only 2 or 3 clubs, volunteered at the local library, joined an orchestra outside of school, had 2 jobs before.
and no sports....</p>

<p>Resident of New Jersey
Immigrant</p>

<p>Intended major: mechanical engineering, environmental engineering/science, and maybe graphic arts.</p>

<p>You need a minimum score of 600 on the Math section of the SAT to be admitted to the school of engineering, that’s one of their few hard-and-fast rules. So if you were accepted to the school, you would have to spend a semester or two before you could transfer into engineering, likely increasing your stay to five years. I think your SAT scores are really hurting you, and your GPA and extracurricular aren’t doing much to mitigate that. Overall I think that it would be a reach to get into the school, and you would also have to find some way to pay for out-of-state tuition.</p>

<p>D2 is a freshman at VT now. She got in with a 570 Math and a 520 CR and 500 Writing. 3.5GPA out of 4.0, no EC’s. Only approx. 1 honors class each year and 1 AP Economics, senior year. Summer work experience, that’s it. </p>

<p>At orientation, they gave the stats for this years freshman class and she was way below that. She turned to me and said. “How did I get in”?. I said you are an OOS, full-pay, student. They love kids like you!</p>

<p><<i said=“” you=“” are=“” an=“” oos,=“” full-pay,=“” student.=“” they=“” love=“” kids=“” like=“” you!=“”>></i></p><i said=“” you=“” are=“” an=“” oos,=“” full-pay,=“” student.=“” they=“” love=“” kids=“” like=“” you!=“”>

<p>LOL!!! That’s what I keep telling my son!</p>
</i>

<p>OOS, full-pay, female engineer. </p>

<p>If the OP is a guy there is very little chance of him getting in.</p>